Toxicology Part B
(Answers are at bottom of page)
- While developing a chromatographic assay for tricyclic antidepressants, the method used produced a peak for nortriptyline at 4 minutes 30 seconds and amitriptyline at 5 minutes. The width of the nortriptyline peak was 30 seconds and the width of the amitriptyline peak was also 30 seconds. What is the resolution of these two drugs and were they resolved to baseline?
- Resolution = 1.0 and they were not resolved to baseline
- Resolution = 1.0 and they were resolved to baseline
- Resolution = 30 seconds and they were resolved to baseline
- Resolution = 30 seconds and they were not resolved to baseline
- Resolution cannot be determined due to information on volume
- Detection of triazolam in urine depends upon monitoring which of the following?
- Fast acetylators will metabolize which drug more rapidly?